Dance, Drama and Music school in Chester

COMING VERY SOON – we can offer bursaries for Music, Dance and Drama.

Is money stopping you from taking part in music, dance or drama?
Majestic Academy Of Performing Arts in the heart of Chester want to help change lives and give further opportunities in the world of Performing Arts by offering a support system to help support with confidence, inspire and educate alongside being in a safe space.
Very soon we will be granting music dance and drama bursaries to talented young people aged 7-24 who can’t afford to access opportunities in the arts. A bursary typically pays for a year’s part time dance, music or drama classes.


If you want to apply for a bursary please check the criteria and documents you will need first.

Check you are eligible

We welcome your application for a dance bursary, music bursary or drama bursary if:

  • you live in the UK,
  • you can demonstrate talent and dedication to improving your skills in your chosen art form, and
  • you have someone who can support your application with a written reference, and
  • either
    • you are in full or part-time education and eligible for Pupil Premium and/or Free School Meals, or if you aren’t in education, employment or training,  you can give us evidence of the state benefits you or your family receive so we can assess your financial situation.

Even if you meet the criteria, as much as we would love to give everyone a bursary, we unfortunately cannot guarantee you will get a bursary as there is a lot of competition and our funding is limited. Decisions are made roughly six to eight weeks after the deadline, please note decisions can be delayed. We will keep you updated as best we can on when you are likely to know if you’ve been successful or not. All decisions made by the committee are final.

Choose a type of bursary

There are three main types of funding you can apply for; click one to see its particular requirements:

Gather the right documents

When you apply, you’ll need scans, photos or documents of each of these:

  • A letter from the school head at your school confirming that you receive Pupil Premium or Free School Meals (if you do receive them).
  • Documents to show you (or your family) receive government benefits.
  • A reference from your referee (signed, stamped and on school letterhead paper or other).
  • A copy of a recent (dated within last 3 months) utility bill or council tax letter, as proof of address.
  • Copies of any academic transcripts, certificates or qualifications in your art form, or a CV, if you want to show us any of these to enhance your application (not essential).
  • A link, if you have one, to a YouTube or other online video, no more than five minutes long, of your performing arts practice (not essential).

Further information will be provided very soon on how to aplt